Job Openings: Part time acupuncturist needed at Crossroads Acupuncture in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com
About the Current Acupuncturist Opening
The current opening offers the opportunity to gain experience in a bilingual English/Spanish high-volume community acupuncture clinic and to help provide training and treatments for underserved groups in the US/Mexico border region. Acupuncturists at Crossroads will gain a wealth of bicultural experience in working in border health/mental health.
• Possesses an active New Mexico acupuncture license (Doctor of Oriental Medicine), or be in the process of applying for one.
• Strong commitment to community acupuncture.
• Flexibility and the ability to think on your feet.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Willingness to do administrative and/or marketing tasks to maintain a team environment and help the clinic grow
- Be fluent in Spanish
- Have experience working in community acupuncture or other high-volume acupuncture/public health clinics
- Has attended training in community acupuncture
- Has received NADA acudetox training and/or interested in becoming a NADA trainer
- Has a strong background in grant-writing, research, evaluation, capacity building or teaching, sustainable development, humanitarian aid, fundraising and/or administrative work
(may include the following, depending on the job level)
- Eligibility for student loan forgiveness programs through the federal government
- Health insurance
- CEU stipend
- License renewal costs (DOM and NCCAOM)
- Malpractice insurance
About Crossroads Acupuncture
As a non-profit social enterprise Crossroads Acupuncture makes healthcare accessible and affordable in three ways: Providing low-cost services, training health provides in cost-effective techniques, and helping underserved groups to establish and sustain their own community-supported projects. Learn more.
Our clinic in Las Cruces, New Mexico
We have a large, growing clinic in Downtown Las Cruces, NM, started in March 2012. We now have 2 acupuncturists, 13 recliners, 2 tables. We treat a diverse group of people for a variety of medical and mental health issues and see average of 170 patients per week, with visits costing as low as $5 per patient. Massage therapists offer services at Crossroads, as well. Our clients travel from within a 100-mile radius to receive treatments, including Alamogordo, northern Mexico, El Paso, TX and Truth or Consequences, and we are the only Community Acupuncture clinic within 4 hours. The current opening would start as part-time and depending on how fast the acupuncturist is able to train, adjust to our high-volume pace, and grow a patient base, the position may become full-time within the first months of employment.
Our training and consultation program in the border region
Through training programs and consultation services, Crossroads and our partner groups have helped provide over 20,000 free treatments in the US/Mexico Border region since 2011. Through this we also have a network of established providers here in the region that offer treatments across a continuum of care, including homeless services, detoxification, domestic violence groups, pastoral care, as well as outpatient mental health, addictions, and veterans care. Groups we work with include a homeless shelter and the St. Luke’s Health Clinic at Community of Hope’s homeless campus in Las Cruces. The current opening, depending on the applicant’s experience and talents, may involve working within this aspect of our program.
Learn more at crossroadsacupuncture.com